The Adventures of Student Teaching

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Times Flies

Management of Time, Classroom and Behaviors

Times flies when you are having fun. So many weeks have passed during this student teaching placement. Some days I wonder what has actually been accomplished. Some days I beam at the progress my students are making. This week will no doubt be a little out of the ordinary, dealing with the death of our fellow student. My students have definitely been out of sorts. The normal routine has been off kilter the last couple of weeks due to breaks or different programs throughout the day. Yesterday my teacher was gone and the substitute in the room, really through off my students. Anything out of the ordinary really knocks us off track. I am flexible, but many of my students rely of the consistency and order of the classroom. One student even commented that he really liked our routines throughout the day. It is good to have expectations and a structured routine. In special education, this really does seem imperative to functioning classroom. Even simple things like having a basket for completed homework, can cover a multitude of lost work. I am grateful for my teacher's consistency and leadership in organizing a very well structured room. This had provided me with a million ideas for me to use in one of my vary own future classrooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home